Thursday, September 23, 2010

Two Great restaurants and a shopping experiance

Check out this New York Times review for a great Korean meal if you're in The City:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/22/dining/reviews/22under.html?_r=1

Check out this Japanese Noodle House in New paltz (across the river from Hyde park) The owner's name is Youko - she's a friend of mine. Tell her you're one of my students and she'll take very good care of you

http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Paltz-NY/Gomen-Kudasai/118278919958

Check out this place for a really cool "field trip" to Japan that only takes an hour to get to. Mitsua is like a Super K-Mart of Japanese stuff - a huge store with fish,meat, produce, specialty sake, rice, kitchen equipment, pre-made take out food and a food court for bowls of noodles, dumplings, etc. It's an amazing place.

http://www.mitsuwanj.com/en/

5 comments:

  1. i forgot to ask someone to look the tracking schuldge could someone please tell me what station i am on for tomorrow. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chef,
    Shiro here.
    I was on the course site looking for the recipe for the rolls and I am not able to find them. Should I check on the course guide? I also cannot find the recipe to the viet cinnamon. And you said the pork and pickled veg are done right?Also if I have time can I make one of the extra dishes I saw posted on the Vietnam menu?

    Thanks,
    Shiro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiro - Sorry, some glitches that need to be fixed - try this: Open the Vietnamese Menu Screen, scroll down to the bottom where it says "Sub Pages (23)" and click "View All". I think this will show you a list of all of the recipes. Let me know if it's not working. As a back up, you can go to the regular Recipe manual under my name in inter-learn. the recipes you need are there and are the same. Again, let me know if you're having trouble so I can fix from home or , at least, know that they need fixing. Thanks

    Eric - If you red what I just posted for Shiro you should be able to find all of the "lost" recipes that you're looking for. Also, I'm trying to upload video for toasting the mung beans for you crepe batter and also making the crepes to YouTube. If you go to You Tube and search "mpardus", you'll find all of my stuff - the ones you need should be the most recent uploads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damien- For day 9 I have to prep out the Yellow Curry Paste. I looked at the recipe for it and it said I need shrimp paste 1tsp , do I make it or is there a team that is going to do it and I take it from them?

    ReplyDelete