Tuesday, November 2, 2010

AM Students Questions for Day 7 and Vietnamese Menu prep?

I'll be running two Blog pages for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - so check the Title to make sure it's for your section - AM or PM.

AM for Day 7:

Look at tracking schedule and be aware of all prep that needs to be done ahead fpr Day 8. Once we're on track with that I have some cool stuff to play with:

Hamachi Kama - what's that? Look it up, it's delicious! We can have it for family meal Day 7 if it's grilled before 10:30 and finished in the ooven by 11:00. Talk to me about prep + condiments.

Tomago - Japanese sweet "omelet" used for certain sushi applications. I'll bring recipe and pan to cook it in

Fresh Tofu - I'll get some dried soy beans and soak them over night, if you're interested, I'll have a recipe for you in the morning.

Finish prepping Pork Butts and Bellies for Vietnamese menu - if it's done on Day 7 we have porky goodness on Friday

If you have any questions, ask here.

2 comments:

  1. Station 6: Prep Shrimp on Sugar Cane: Am I just completing steps 1-4? (making the paste?)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly - yes, that's all tomorrow...I guess you could cut the sugar cane, though, It's supposed to come in tomorrow. I'll show you how to cut it and after it's trimmed you can store it in the cooler - it won't suffer being prepped a day ahead

    ReplyDelete