Thursday, August 26, 2010

Open Forum For Day 5

Day 4 was pretty smooth, and I think tomorrow will go well, as long as you put the effort into it and don't become complacent. I'm starting a new thread so that you'll have a sequential trail to follow and a logical place to ask questions about the work for Day 5. Remember that there is some prep for Day 6 involved, make sure to check you're tracking schedules and start researching Japan now - Monday can be really fun, or it can be a train wreck. I'll start posting some Japanese info later today under a new heading. Remember, questions about Day 5 should be posted by 8:00 PM

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys. I have to get my braise on first thing as well as salt my cabbage for kimchi. Does anyone have a little extra time early in the morning to lend a hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to help simon with his trout, right after i put my spicy beef soup .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can cut and blanch the ribs, while they are blanching, you can cut the cabbage (1/4 heads) measure your salt, and apply it - if you move quickly, the cabbage will be salted before the ribs have finished blanching. From there all you need is some smashed garlic, ginger, scallion and stock. All the rest can be taken care of while the ribs slowly braise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suggest that you set a deadline of having the vegetables all salted, and the braise and soup and hens on, all the garnish cut for fish, and the grill meat cut and marinated by 9:30. It's totally doable if you push. Then everyone takes a piece of the Noodle mise (I'm not doing it tomorrow) - everyone on that together and it will be done by 10:00. Then you have an hour to pull together salads, set up line, etc. Plan it, think it through, roll it around in your head like you're planning a game strategy. You can do it, I'll coach and push you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete